Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Crafty meme!

A "meme" I saw and "tagged" from the fabulous Craftapalooza blog - I've never meme-d before but I thought it looks fun!

1. Flip to page 18, paragraph 4 in the book closest to you right now, what does it say?

FWOOPER: Ministry of Magic Classification: XXX
The Fwooper is an African bird with extremely vivid plumage; Fwoopers may be orange, pink, lime green of yello. The Fwooper has long been a provider of fancy quills and also lays brilliantly patterned eggs. Though at first enjoyable, Fwooper song will eventually drive the listener to insanity and the Fwooper is consequently sold with a Silencinbg Charm upon it, which will need monthly reinforcement. Fwooper owners require licences, as the creatures must be handled responsibly.

2. If you stretch out your left arm - as far as possible, what are you touching?

Console game disc - Buzz The Music Quiz - Such awesome fun to play with a bunch of mates! Skoot is SO good at it! Gets the feet tapping and people playing along, everyone has their own little buzzer they hit to answer questions - lotsa funsa!

3. What's the last program you watched on tv?
Mythbusters, on SBS, always fun to watch *grin* This time they tested out the "myth" that if you drive faster over a bumpy road the ride is smoother - Skoot and I were going "it's true! It's true!" then groaning in disappointment when they trialled it out on an irregularly bumpy potholed road. "It should be corrogated! Corrogated!!" We yelled at the tellie - they must've heard because they then tried a "Washboard road, typical of the Australian Outback" and sure enough the "myth" was confirmed! hehehe

4. Without looking, guess what time it is.
Ooohhh... I'd say about 9:20 or so.. But the recent change to daylight savings may be messing with me! *checks on clock* 9:21!! Wahee! Daylight savings assimilated!

5. Except the computer, what can you hear right now?
Hot Docs : China Blue, an SBS doco about the working conditions of Chinese sweatshops, Skoot's watching it in the lounge here, so I can here the Mandarin being spoken. Apart from that just the ticker-tackering of my typing!

6. When was the last time you were outside and what did you do?
Hehe I was outside this evening, an hour or so ago, sitting on the out door setting while the sky turned all dusky with the sun setting, I was doing some knitting on a Chrissie pressie :)

7. What are you wearing?
Trackie dacks - super comfy!!

8. Did you dream last night? If you did, what about?
Hmm.. I can't rememebr dreaming last night - doesn't mean I didn't though of course..

9. When was the last time you laughed?
Chatting w Skoot when I got home from work this arves - always have a chuckle with him!

10. What's on the walls, in the room you're in right now?
Wall clock, Christmas stockings, mountain biking action shot, photo sequence of Skoot's late dog Boutt destroying her Christmas fitness ball!, 5.1 surround speakers, frames artwork, a skateboard deck, giant world map, uber giant mountain bike picture banner, beautiful framed photo of Chill and I in Leis from Dad's 50th - a family friend photo shopped the image to look all watercoloury and gorgeous then framed in in a wooden frame made by her carpenter son - such a touching gift and stunning! and a little wooden criss-cross display set of squares I've had since I was a little girl, they have my dragon figurines and other special items on the shelves :)

11. Have you seen anything strange lately?
A woman came into work today looking for work, before I sent her upstairs to the HR department I couldn't help noticing her lips.. not only the bright and glossy pink colour, but they seemed such a strange shape, and when she spoke even stranger.. could it be a bad collegen job?

12. What do you think about this meme?
That it's... pretty? What an odd question!

13. What's the last film you saw?
Oohh I had to think pretty hard.. I think it was Devil Wears Prada - I went and saw it with Binkett for some light relief and popcorn fun. I was 2 parts entertained and 2 parts revolted by the consumerist narcissism portrayed!

14. If you became a multimillionaire, what would you do with the money?
Selfishly - Buy a gorgeous big country block of land with alpacas, geese, ducks, etc.. etc.. Set Skoot and I up with invevstments to keep up out of financial trouble in future. Go on an extensive travelling adventure with Shkootah! Take Dad skiing in New Zealand, take Mum to London.. ooohhh I imagine a whole bunch else! Benefactorish - Donate bunches to local Dogs' Homes and animal centres, buy up a whole bunch of luscious yarns and have regular knitting sessions to teach friends to knit - all finished items going to the Dulaan project

15. Tell us something about yourself that most people don't know.
Gosh.. uhh.. I tend to pretty much wear my heart - and personality- on my sleeve, so I don't know that there's much of the mysterious left about me! But let's think...

16. If you could change ONE THING in this world, without regarding politics or bad guilt - what would it be?
Change.. well.. I think I'd help people to adapt their perspectives to more easily look for and find the silver lining in situations.

17. Do you like dancing?
I sure do!! Not that I get much opportunity to, but I certainly do! I'd love to get back into ballroom or latin of some sort. I also enjoy dancing in the spectator sense :)

18. George Bush?
No thankyou, I'm full - plus I don't eat meat - or hateful little men.

19. What do you want your children’s names to be, girl/boy?
I think that's one I'd have to wait til I've got the pup in the pod and get some sort of sense of who they're going to be :)

20. Would you ever consider living abroad?
YES!! Definately! I already HAVE considered living abroad! Not necessarily as a long term lifestyle - but certainly for a few years. I'd love to fully submerge into a foreign culture - an involvement one can't attain through touristing.

21. What do you want God to tell you, when you come to heaven?
I was going to leave this blank, but then I thought of a fun paradox - "I don't exist!"

22. Who should do this meme?
I agree with Craftapaloooza.. "should"? Anyone who would like to I imagine :)

No comments: