Monday, December 13, 2010

Frictal Fractal

I discovered I had a wee amount of rainbow wool on an abandoned bobbin from literally years ago. This is the same rainbow tops from which I spun the white rainbow and the intense rainbow, but eons before spinning those two I had begun spinning a singles yarn changing colours through the rainbow.

DSC_0519

It is only a weeny wee skein, made by navajo-ing the very thin singles.

DSC_0522

For some reason it makes me think of fractals. It makes me think of refraction of light through one of those pyramid shaped prisms.


Set 2
Goodness knows what I will do with it as it is only 30m of fingering weight (light fingering at that!) but I'm sure I will find something :)

1 comment:

Ann said...

Gorgeous. I have just learn navajo plying & really like the look of it.