Saturday, September 22, 2007

Chasing Lace

The last couple of weeks I have found myself feeling such an urge to immerse myself in the Swallowtail Shawl lace knitting. I have been LOVING it!! It seems to flow from my needles with elegance and fluidity - the shawl slowly growing larger little bit by little tiny bit. It is so satisfying!
swallowtail close
I am driven to knit more and more! Tonight I forced my eyes to stay open and un-sleepy while i knit 6 consecutive rows, enjoying every stitch, and not wanting to have to put it down simply because I was tired!
swallowtail sept
Alas, I needed to put it down on a high note, rather than bumble my way into error and catastrophe (and tantrum most likely). But i did make it to the halfway point however! You can see the highlighted yellow half-way point on my Keeping Track sheet, poking out from beneath the shawl in the second photo. Half way through the 2nd Budding Lace chart - hurrah!! =D

Knitting the lace shawl for someone special and very loved makes the experience all the more meaningful, and my knitting all the more frenzied in my eagerness to present the finished gift! I don't want to get ahead of myself, I want to be Zen and enjoy the current knit. To live in the knit. Be the Knit. BUT... after this shawl I'm looking forward to making another lace project - the Flower Basket Shawl, for an equally special and loved somebody -my needles'll be tasting lace for a little while yet I'd wager!

5 comments:

Deborah-- said...

This is beautiful! What yarn are you using? I have seen many people making this shawl. I may have to consider this project.

Anonymous said...

The Swallowtail looks beautiful and I love the colours too. I am glad the CPH worked out too!!!

Ann said...

The shawl is looking good & the colors are gorgeous - lace knitting can be addictive.

Helen said...

Your shawl is gorgeous and can't wait to see it in real life. Enjoy the rest of the stitching journey. Writing and charting patterns out before you begin is invaluable and tends to avoid frogging as you can pick up the mistakes in the pattern if there are any, which saves lots of heartache. Knitty hugs

Anonymous said...

oh my!! your shawl is growing so beautiful!!! cant wait to see it off the needles fresh!!!