Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Cast off! But with reservations...

After much binding-off frustration I have finally cast off on the simple shawletter!

The frustration was due to my trying to eke every little gram of yarn out of the two skeins I had to knit with. So by the time I got to binding off, I kept running out of yarn! Each time I frogged back one row and ended up binding off rather more tightly than I would have liked to.

shawlette cast off
[See the little tail end of the yarn there? Bloody thing!]

I think I'm going to have to block the shawlette rather uh.. 'assertively' to manage the length needed to wear it how I like; ie wrapped around the neck with the long point in front and then tails tied in front. We'll see how that goes - I don't know how much it will grow!

1 comment:

2paw said...

Oh I feel and understand you cating off pain!! It does look very beautiful, love the colours!!