Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas times

A Christmas Meme for Christmas times :)

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper! But generally some sort of unusual wrappings, this year was newspaper with hand made gift tags and colour co-ordinating ribbons - hurrah!!
2. Real or artificial tree? Artificial - I LUFF the tree situation - decorating, having one inside etc.. lovely :)
3. When do you put up the tree?
As soon as possible! This year I was behind the gun though and put it up late in the first week of December.
4. When do you take it down?
Take it down?
5. Do you like eggnog? The only eggnog I've had comes in a carton - pre-made flavoured milk! I've never tried to REAL stuff!
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
My incredibly blessed childhood and family, and the magical sparkle-fest of love and wonder instilled in me
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Nope
8. Hardest person to buy for?
No one :)
9. Easiest person to buy for?
Well I'm not really digging the "buy for" part here.. And everyone I know is fabulously fun to gift things too! Some require a little more thought and scheming, but that's all part of the fun
10. Worst Christmas present you ever got?
Gah! It's not a about the presents people!!
11. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Well, in theory mail them... but I don't think I've managed to successfully send out a batch of Festivuss cards yet!! This year I plan to send belated ones - they're GOING dammnit!! Late or not!
12. Favorite Christmas movie?
Ooohh.. I don't really have one actually!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
All through the year - see something perfect, snaffle it up. Have a great crafterly idea, get straight onto it!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Not in the sens of re-gifting one. But I've certainly gone through a few edible items and recycled the packages.. and such..
15. Favorite thing to eat on Christmas?
Oooh cherries! ADORE cherries and they come out around Christmas time here and I get stuck in!
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
Clear lights, but generally none on the tree
17. Favorite Christmas song?
Hmmm... tricky as I have so many.. Chestnuts roasting on an open fire (The Christmas Song?), practically anything sung by Frank and Bing!
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?

Always travel of some description, but all our family are within the same state and city area so that helps.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s Reindeer? I certainly can! And as a child it was my intention to have EIGHT German Shephards when I grew up, each named after one of the reindeer *grin*
20. Angel or star on top of tree?
A star :)
21. Open presents Christmas Eve or morning? Sometime on Christmas day
22. Most annoying thing this time of year? The commercial nature of Christmas and how much people subscribe to that and get caught up in the pressure, stress, and performance anxiety of it all. It DOESN'T have to be about that, people!!!
23. Do you decorate your tree in any theme or color? No, the tree is home to a fabulous mix of ornaments and styles, each with its own memory and story :)
24. What do you leave for Santa?
This year he went without, poor love,though gauging by his waistline the odd house or two with no goodies isn't a bad thing for his health.. but normally a carrot or so for the reindeer and a glass of milk for the old fellow - yes, he gets MILK, we can't have him careening all around in this sleigh, can we?

(Sorry to have put you through this Sagish Rabbit!)

No comments: