Monday, January 19, 2009

Tum-tum

I have begun my maiden voyage into the realm of Knitted Toys!

I've long admired and adored the work of Mochimochi Land's Anna and plan to make many of her pieces. But planning is one thing and doing is another still, so I'm wrapped to now actually be in the 'do' phase of knitting a Mochimochi toy :)

I'm knitting this one for little bubby Bosko, who is now 1-and-a-bit, but still has only received ONE knitted goodie from me - and it didn't even fit! I've in fact had a long and very bumpy road knitting for Bosko (the first baby of my longest childhood friend) - but that's a tale for another time. In short, I decided a knitted toy was something he couldn't physically outgrow, and wouldn't need to fit his measurements - seeing as he lives interstate and can't try on knits-in-the-making.

I chose Tums, the charming little hippo in the mochimochi menagerie, because Z had a little soft-toy hippo when we were little and I thought it fitting that her little boy should have one too :)

Tum-tum Jan 09

So far Tum-tum is still in pieces and needing a body and limbs - but he's getting there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww cute! Can't wait to see it completed!

By the way, I've completed the cardi for Rachy! Thanks to your advice and encouragement, it looks great with short sleeves!

Anonymous said...

Awwwww :)