Sunday, February 08, 2009

Frisky Spunky

I managed (amazingly) to fit in some spinning time over R&R amongst the other crafts and activities and now have a lovely little skein to knit up when next I can find the time to cast on something new! Hurrah!
Frisky Spunky Handspun (3)
I had already spun up part of a bobbin of fun fibre from the Spunky Eclectic Fibre of the Month Club - I had a few bundles of fibre I've been hoarding for a while -but since I started spinning this lot up I've lost the little label giving details of the fibre put up, colourway name and so on - ack!
Frisky Spunky Handspun (5)
Around 100g has become 122yards or so, but I have yet to work out how many Wraps-Per-Inch and what weight the yarn is. From my searching flickr for Spunky Club photos I think I've figured out the colourway is Strawberry Fields, and the fibre is Corriedale - thank goodness for the internets!
Frisky Spunky Handspun (6)
It's a bright, frisky colour and has spun up very baber-poley in the plying - I'm looking forward to seeing it knit up! In fact... I already have a plan for what to knit... but for now it must remain a surprise... ;)

No comments: