Monday, March 30, 2009

Natural Wonders

I've always been one of those people who delights in the simple things - the seemingly normal and unordinary things - things with a certain innate beauty or wonder or magic about them, even though we see them every day.

This morning, as I packed my lunch from the over-crowded bustling mess room, this pear was my morning wonder.

pear w leaf! (2)

Since I was a child I've loved fruit with the leaves or stems still attached even after the whole process to get the fruit from orchard to me, amazing! - in fact I think I've posted about it before!

This little leaf was not on still clingly tightly to the pear stem, it was bright green and lush!

pear w leaf!

I have since eaten the pear, but the little plucked leaf is tac'd to my monitor to remind me all day of this beauty :)

1 comment:

Ann said...

I feel the same way too. Every time I pick lemons from my tree, I tried to have a leaf still attached to it.