Tuesday, March 31, 2009

52 in 52 Monthly Recap - March

Since my last post on the 52 Books in 52 Weeks challenge I've only finished one title - but it was a most excellent one!

North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell is set in Regency England, Jane Austen style but a somewhat more gritty look at society given the primary fo the tale takes place in an industrial town.

I had seen the BBC adaption and was very keen to read the book, encouraged by a fellow Austen-phile ;)

NorthSouth

So I hunted it out on Librivox and Lo! Fabulous, legal, free audiobook download - magic!

I highly recommend it if you enjoy period writings such as Jane Austen.

I'm still behind on the yearly average - 9 titles in 12 weeks so far. R&R coming up tomorrow though (!!!) and I plan to download a large array of audiobooks that I can take up north again when we return to work - ha! My own little 'North and South' lifestyle!

1 comment:

malaraky said...

I absolutely loved the BBC adaptation of North and South, though I've never read the book! I am going to try to hunt it down now - you've inspired me!