Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Restraint?

It has been a BATTLE the last couple of days!
Since sending my lovely friends - the new knit recruits! - over to Morris & Sons and seeing the awesome yarns on sale.... I was so tempted....
SO so tempted...

See, I've made the resolution to knit more garments - items I can actually wear, rather than neck-fodder and accessories which, while lovely, I have so many. But my stash is almost completely made up of individual balls and skeins - nothing I can put together for a whole garment!

Emerald Heart

So I'm stuck between wanting to knit more satisfying projects but not wanting to increase my stash (sitting on the stash suitcase to shut it was a bit of an eye opener)
But this sale.. this fabulous sale and this awesome yarn.. It presents an opportunity I keep thinking...

I looked yesterday..
And I look again today..
I even calculated what I'd need to knit up a little bolero out of the Noro Cash Iroha - around $40 worth of yarn, totally delish, cashmere, silk, wool etc...
Plus today is an allowance day so I have money right there in my account! (We allow ourselves a certain amount of "free" spending money in our budget each week)

Then I looked at my queue of knitting projects...
And there will always be yarn! ALWAYS!
So I don't need to snaffle it all up now, sale or not.
I have my new black yarn from Bendigo just arrived to knit the Eyelet Front Vest
And I have my fabulous silk alpaca to knit a fantastic giant Laminaria shawl
And my baby alpaca to knit up a Whisper Cardi
So. No more projects required.
NO MORE YARN REQUIRED!!

This is hard.
But it's good to practise restraint now and then.
I think..

5 comments:

bink said...

There must be a 12-step program out there somewhere for yarn addicts! The question is - would you want to join it? :)

2paw said...

Restraint is so good, I must restrain myself, more often than not, but it is a very satisfying feeling to say 'No'!!!

eriven said...

You did good to restrain yourself :)

I'm feeling the same way, I love my scarves and cowls and hats but I need to knit more practical garments and get my queue under control.

Ann said...

I know how you feel as I am going thro' the same dilemma. We must say "NO", or must we????

Hacienda Heights Appliance Repairs said...

Very thooughtful blog