Thursday, June 11, 2009

Parcel goodies!

I have had two fun and exciting parcels arrive over the last couple of days - both knitting related!

First of all was Volume 1 of Berocco's Norah Gaughan series. I already have volumes 2 & 3 but Vol 1 was the issue I was hankering after most, so I'm delighted to add it to my collection!

The other goodies that arrived were squishy, firm and delicious... three cannon balls of black Luxury from Bendigo Woollen Mills - hurrah!
parcel goodies!
I ordered these to knit up the Eyelet Front Vest . I've been ogling this pattern for a while and finally decided to take the plunge. It will be a great little number for our up'n'coming snow trip, something I can wear inside after a day's snowboarding when it's toasty in the cabin but still chilly enough to layer. The stylish lacey fronts and back of neck will make it a nice classy number to wear, and also super fun to knit! I love the look of the construction - the fronts are knit back and forth from hem to neck rather than side to side.

I know I seem to have broken my restraint by ordering these lovely squooshy cannon balls, but I'd ordered them before that post, and think it was a frugal and well thoguh tout decision, not an emotionally -fuelld impulse purchase! Plus, the fabulously good value yarn will allow me to knit up an actual garment! Hurrah!

No comments: