Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I need your advice!

Super exciting! This news just in!

Soon I will be the proud new owner of my very own.. SEWING MACHINE!!

But first I need any advice you can throw at me on features I should look for, brands that are great, places to buy nice fabrics, any exellent books youv'e found have great patterns and good tips for beginners. 

But let's start with the sewing machine itself - 

At this early stage I imagine I'll be sewing clothing (starting basic) of all thicknesses of fabric, from thin cheese-cloth type through to faux fur, also i'll be making lots of smaller, more fiddley ornaments and such, sewing on paper also - who knows! The possibilities are endless! So I guess an all rounder would be great that can accomodate all of these potential needs.

I know I'd like a top loading bobbin, but apart from that I'm very much the amateur and don't know the ins and outs of what a good sewing machine should have to last me through the beginner stages but also through for years to come.

In terms of price point, I'd like to hit somewhere around the $400-$500AUD mark, and have heard good things so far about Elna so am leaning that way now...

I'm pretty (very!) keen to run right out and snap one up, so the sooner you could comment the better, please - I don't know how long I can hold out like a serene adult before the inner child bursts forth with extreme levels of rampant excitement and anticipation!

Thank you so much! :D

No comments: